I know, posting pretty late toady, but it's been a busy, busy day.
Anyway, just thought I'd share this super simple casserole with you guys. I used shredded rotisserie chicken (as I do for most things), but you can certainly use whatever chicken you have on hand...just be sure it's cooked.
This made a lot, and since it was just Bubba and I, we had this as leftovers for a few nights too...it heats up pretty well!
Ok guys, speaking of Bubba, he'll be getting off the bus soon, so I need to get this posted so I can meet him outside! Have a great evening!
'Cheesy Bacon Chicken Casserole'
Source: Adapted from The Coers Family
1 shredded rotisserie chicken
1 package bacon pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 box (16 oz) dried spiral pasta
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 400. Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, spray a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add the chicken, both cans of cream of chicken soup and 1 cup of shredded cheese – stir to mix well.
4. Pour into prepared baking dish and top with the bacon pieces and remaining cup of shredded cheese.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes...just until cheese is melted and beginning to brown on top.
1 Year Ago:
2 Years Ago:
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife