'Chicken Florentine Puffs'
Source: One Lovely Life
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed and rolled out
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1 (10oz) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out
1 roasted red pepper, diced (I got mine fro a jar)
4oz cream cheese, softened
1c Gruyere, grated
2-3 Tbsp fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp water
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, red pepper, cream cheese, Gruyere, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss until well combined and cream cheese is completely mixed in. (I found it was easiest to just use my hands, like when you mix up ground beef for burgers).
3. Make an egg wash by beating egg with water.
4. Roll out puff pastry. Slice each sheet into 4 pieces making 8 squares total. Divide filling among the 8 squares, placing the filling in the center. Brush the edge of one half of each pastry with egg wash and fold in half diagonally to form a triangle. Press down the edges with a fork to seal.
5. Brush the top of the each puff with egg wash. Make 2-3 small slits in the top to allow steam to escape during baking.
6. Place puffs on two baking sheets lined with parchment or foil sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake at for 15-18 minutes, or until golden. Keep an eye on them to prevent over-browning or burning.