This is why I love the Internet. You come across recipes such as this. So simple, yet so good. I've been meaning to make this for a couple weeks now, but every time I remembered it was about 7 at night. Finally yesterday, just as I was getting up to make French toast, this popped into my head. Let me just say, it was everything I thought it would be :)
Normally I would use regular bacon, but I have some pre-cooked stuff that I'm trying to use up. I gotta tell you, I recommend using that if you can. So much quicker and a lot less messy. Just heat your pan (no need for cooking spray), set your bacon in it (I was able to cook 3 at a time in my largest pan), and spoon your pancake batter across each piece of bacon.
I imagine most kiddo's will LOVE this...I know Jesse sure did! Heath was pretty bummed that I didn't make this while he was home, but oh well. He's currently golfing with friends down in Disney World, so I have very little sympathy for him :)
Have a great week!!
Source: Cooking With Mel
8 pieces bacon, cooked
1 ½ cup pancake mix
3 tablespoons oil
1. Whisk together the ingredients for the pancake batter. Allow to sit.
2. On a hot griddle or large pan, cook the bacon. Remove to a paper towel and allow the grease to come off.
3. Wipe the griddle or pan down with a paper towel. Depending on how much space you have, add a few pieces of bacon at a time and spoon a small portion of the pancake mix over each slice of bacon. Make sure the bacon is fully covered, but don't make them too thick.
4. Cooking on medium heat, flip pancakes after 2-3 minutes (you'll know they need flipped when the batter on the top becomes filled with little bubbles).
5. Remove to a plate and keep warm while cooking remaining pieces of bacon.