Look at this. Just...look at it. You need this. You know you do. And with Valentine's Day 2 days away, now is the perfect time! Doesn't that just scream 'I love you!'?
This tasted exactly like a chocolate covered strawberry, but in breakfast form. It was soooooooo stinkin' good. Definitaly in the top 5 'Best Breakfast's Ever'...and it's not even eggs!
If you're a fan of Nutella, then this is definitely a recipe for you. Chocolate and strawberries...they were made for each other. I will absolutely be making this again...soon. Like, tomorrow :)
Well, hope you all have a wonderfully romantical Valentine's Day and a great week!
'Nutella French Toast with Strawberries'
Source: Cook Like A Champion
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 teaspoons sugar
Juice of half a lemon
4 slices of bread (I used Italian)
About 1/2 cup Nutella
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
butter (for the pan)
Powdered sugar for serving
1. Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss to coat and set aside to macerate at room temperature.
2. Spread desired amount of Nutella over 2 slices of bread. Top each with the remaining bread. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
3. In a shallow dish or pie plate, whisk together the egg and milk. Whisk in the melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the heated skillet and swirl to coat.
4. Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, soaking for 30 to 40 seconds per side. Add the slices to the pan in a single layer, taking care not to crowd the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until light golden brown. Flip and continue cooking an additional 1-2 minutes. Add more butter as needed.
5. Transfer to a plate, dust with powdered sugar, then top with strawberries. Serve immediately.