'Baked Monte Cristo Sandwich'
Source: Pepperidge Farm
1 teaspoon water
1/2 of a package of Puff Pastry (1 sheet), thawed
8 thin slices deli ham
4 slices Swiss cheese
1. Heat oven to 400. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut into 4 equal squares. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg mixture.
3. With a corner of one pastry facing you, place 2 slices ham and 1 slice of cheese on the bottom half of the pastry. Fold the back corner of the pastry up over the filling to form a triangle and press the edges to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastries.
4. Brush the tops of the pastries with the egg mixture and place onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastries are golden brown.
5. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve with the maple syrup.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife