'Chicken Enchilada Pasta'
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 can diced green chiles (4 oz)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cans green chili enchilada sauce (10 oz, each)
2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheese (any kind)
1 cup sour cream
1. Shred chicken (I recommend doing this earlier in the day, or even the day before to save time, as well as chopping the veggies).
2. Boil pasta according to package. Heat olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
3. Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, and enchilada sauces. Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through. Slowly add the sour cream, but DO NOT bring to a boil (so as not to curdle the sour cream). Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
5. Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the cheese sauce; mix well. Serve and garnish with desired toppings.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife