Hey guys! Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday...Jesse and I made the 7 hour trek up to Virginia Beach to join Daddy-o and the camper for a week off. Heath had to be up here for work, but now he's taking a week of leave so we can hang out with the boy.
Today is the Children's Museum in Portsmouth, tomorrow's the boardwalk and beach and it's Heath's birthday, so whatever else he wants to do, we will. Then Sunday we head up to Williamsburg for 3 days to show Jesse around. Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens (the last time I was there I was pregnant with Jesse and couldn't ride anything, so I'm on a mission this time around!)...just a fun week ahead!
These Mac n Cheese muffins I found on (where else?) Pinterest and thought it would be a good way to sneak some spinach into Jesse's dinner. I was right. I made these while Heath was away, so it was just Jesse and I chowing down on these tasty little muffins...we got through half of them. Not bad!
I definitely recommend these, especially for the little ones. If you just can't stomach spinach, then I was thinking that broccoli would also work. Actually, while I don't mind spinach, I think next time I'll try them with the broccoli....who doesn't love cheese and broccoli together?
'Macaroni, Spinach and Cheese Muffins'
Source: Much More Than A Homemaker
1 1/2 cups of macaroni1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter1 cup milk
1 garlic clove. grated
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg white
3 cups chopped spinach
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep aside
3. In a large pan, add butter. When the butter starts melting, add flour and cook for a minute on low heat, stirring constantly.
4. Add milk and garlic to the pan and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add Cheddar and Parmesan cheese and mix well. Remove pan from heat
5. Add egg and egg white to the pan mix thoroughly. Pour cheese sauce into a large bowl and add pasta and spinach. Mix well.
6. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tin. Bake for 10- 15 minutes. Cool the muffins in the tin for 5 minutes before serving.