Happy Star Wars Day everyone!! As I'm sure you all know, May 4th is Star Wars Day...I plan to celebrate by running all 6 Star Wars movies all day long! No matter how many times I watch them (which is all the time), I never get tired of them. Especially Sith Anakin (right before he becomes Vader)...he's dreamy :)
Anyway, hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend ahead. Jesse has his first T-Ball game tomorrow morning and Heath and I can't wait! Of course I'm not exactly thrilled about it being at 9:30 in the morning, but eh. I'll get over it.
This salmon recipe I found pretty last minute. I bought the fish to use for work, but that ended up falling through since they removed that particular recipe. I just googled 'Grilled Salmon', and this was one of the first to pop up. It was tasty! That marinade is definitely a keeper!
This was Heath's first time ever grilling salmon since I usually bake it, and he over-cooked it just a bit, but it was still good. I think next time I'll bake it though...I just prefer my salmon baked.
Ok guys, have a great weekend and May The Force Be With You on this 4th of May!!
'Balsamic Grilled Salmon'
Source: Hub Pages
6 salmon fillets
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
5 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
3 teaspoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Place salmon fillets in a large resealable plastic bag. In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Whisk together well, and pour over the salmon into the plastic bag. Remove the air from the bag and seal tightly. Marinate salmon fillets in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Remove fillets from bag and wrap tightly in aluminum foil that has been sprayed (on the inside) with cooking spray.
3. Lightly oil the grill grates. Grill the salmon for 15 minutes per inch of thickness on a medium hot grill or until salmon just flakes with a fork...turn salmon over halfway through grilling.
*Alternate Baking Instructions*
1. Heat oven to 400. Place marinated salmon fillets in a greased glass baking dish. Pour the leftover marinade over the salmon.
2. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.