Looking for a way to get your kids to eat their chicken? Tell them it's covered in potato chips! Worked for Jesse! We both really liked this. As for Heath, well, it turns out he's not a big fan of BBQ potato chips. Who knew? I think next time I may try covering them with Sour Cream and Onion chips, or Sour Cream and Cheddar. Mmmm...that sounds good. I love Sour Cream and Cheddar chips.
This is a super quick and easy recipe for weeknight cooking. Dip the chicken, bread the chicken, bake the chicken. Simple! I like to cut the breasts into smaller pieces for a few reasons...
1. It's easier to work with.
2. Cutting two breasts into three pieces gives you 6, which makes serving and leftovers for Heath's lunch much easier, plus there's usually a couple smaller pieces for Jesse.
3. They tend to cook a little faster, which is always nice.
Ok guys...hope you all have a great rest of your day. Till tomorrow!
'BBQ Potato Chip Chicken'
Source: Adapted from Taste of Home
2/3 cup Horseradish-Dijon Mayo Blend
6 cups barbecue potato chips, finely crusheay
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1. Heat oven to 375. Using kitchen shears (or a knife), cut each chicken breasts into 3 pieces (you can leave the breasts whole if you like. I just prefer to have smaller, more managable pieces).
2. Place mayo blend in a shallow bowl. Place crushed potato chips in another shallow bowl.
3. Dip chicken in mayonnaise blend, then coat with potato chips.
4. Transfer to a greased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.