'French Onion Burger'
Source: Adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up
3 large yellow onions; sliced
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup water
2 beef bullion cubes
1/2 cups sour cream
2 pounds ground beef
2 packages Lipton onion soup mix
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
8 hamburger buns
8 slices cheese
1. In a large pan melt butter over medium high heat. Add onions and stir, coating them with the butter.
2. Cover the pan, with the lid placed at an angle to allow some steam to escape. Stir the onions every few minutes while they continue to cook until they are golden brown (about 15 minutes).
3. Meanwhile in a large bowl, thoroughly mix ground beef, both onion soup packets, Worcestershire sauce, eggs and salt and pepper. Form 8 patties and grill to desired doneness.
4. While burgers are grilling, mix the water and bullion cubes together and pour over onions. Turn heat to high and let the onions simmer in the liquid until most of it has been cooked out...remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the sour cream. Mix until combined.
5. When burgers are almost done grilling, place the cheese on top to melt. Place burgers on buns, top with caramelized onions and other desired toppings.