Source: Adapted from Rook No 17
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
2/3 cups butter, softened
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 egg yolks
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon juice from a fresh orange
10 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided in to 6 cup and 4 cup portions
1 bag Hershey Kisses (48 pieces)
1. In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, vanilla and orange juice and beat till smooth.
3. In 1 cup increments, mix flour in to the butter mixture. Add the 6 cups flaked coconut and beat to combine.
4. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. While dough is chilling, remove wrappers from the Kisses.
5. Heat oven to 350. One at a time, scoop dough into 1.5" balls (about the size of a large walnut). Roll dough between your palms, then roll in the bowl of remaining coconut (4 cups). Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet at least one inch apart (cookies will spread slightly). A standard cookie sheet should accommodate a dozen cookies at a time. Bake 12-14 minutes, until the cookies puff and are very lightly browned.
6. Remove from oven. Immediately press one Kiss into each cookie. Return pan to oven and bake for an additional minute.
7. Remove pan from oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes. With a thin spatula, gently move cookies on to a rack to finish cooling.