'French Onion Soup Pot-Stickers'
Source: Iowa Girl Eats
2 jumbo sweet onions, cut into quarters then sliced thin
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 small dried bay leafs (or 1 big one)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
20 wonton wrappers
Au Jus Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
dash garlic salt
1. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion slices and season with salt and pepper. Add Worcestershire sauce, dried thyme, bay leaves, sugar, and beef broth to the skillet and stir well. Turn heat to high, bring broth to a boil, then turn back down to medium heat.
2. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until very soft and dark brown, about 25 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cool completely. Once cooled, place onions into a bowl and mix with mozzarella cheese.
3. Lay 4 wonton wrappers out on a clean, dry surface. Place 1 tablespoon of onion mixture into the center of each wrapper. Wet all four sides with a pastry brush (or your finger) and fold the bottom right-hand corner up the top left-hand corner and seal the edges, being careful to remove all air pockets. Transfer potsticker to a wax paper-lined baking sheet and press down gently to create a flat bottom. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
5. Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a medium-sized skillet. Place potstickers, being careful not to crowd, into the skillet, getting oil on the bottom of each pot-sticker. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, then add enough water to come 1/3 of the way up the pot-stickers. Cover and let the potstickers steam for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove the lid and allow the remaining water to cook out and the pot-sticker bottoms to crisp up. Use a spatula to gently unstick the wrappers from the skillet and serve with Au Jus dipping sauce.