'Lemon Pull-Apart Bread'
Source: Adapted from Mennonite Girls Can Cook
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts, I used pecans
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 container of biscuits (9.5 oz) (I used Publix brand which had 10 biscuits per container. You can use any type, but just know that biscuits like Grands! will make the finished dish a bit larger.)
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 400.
2. Cut each biscuit in half and roll halves into a ball, ending with 20 biscuit balls (use more or less biscuits depending on how large you want to make this).
3. Combine first four ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Place biscuit balls in the bag and shake until covered.
4. If using Grands biscuits, place in a greased 9' round pie pan (if using regular biscuits, place in a smaller round glass baking dish) and sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over top op the biscuits. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
5. Invert immediately on a plate. (I then inverted it again onto a serving plate because I preferred how the top looked).
6. Allow 5-10 minutes to cool. Meanwhile prepare glaze and drizzle over biscuits before serving.