'Slow Cooker Orange Rosemary Chicken'
Source: Adapted from Paula Deen
1 (3-4 pound) roasting chicken
2/3 cup chicken broth
2 oranges, quartered, divided
1 medium onion, quartered
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 oranges, zested
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup orange marmalade
2 rosemary sprigs, more for garnish
1 head of garlic
3 orange slices
1. In the bottom of a greased slow cooker, add chicken broth, 4 orange quarters and onion.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together butter, orange zest, chopped rosemary, salt, pepper and marmalade.
3. Pat chicken dry and liberally salt and pepper the cavity. Place remaining orange quarters, rosemary sprigs, and garlic inside the cavity.
4. Using your fingers, loosen the skin from the meat. Place half of butter mixture underneath the skin. Rub remaining butter on the outside of the chicken.
5. Place chicken on top of orange quarters and lay three orange slices on top of the bird. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or until juices run clear.