I. Love. These. Love them! Why? Well, they take about 5 minutes to make. Seriously...5 minutes. Maybe 7 or 8 if you're making a lot.
I was literally walking out the door to go pick Jesse up from school when I decided to make these real quick so they would be ready when we got home. Just melt some chocolate in the microwave, slice some apples, dip, and set in the fridge to harden...that's it!
I originally saw this idea on (where else?) Pinterest and loved it since apple slices are about a thousand times easier for Jesse to eat than a whole apple on a stick. I can't believe I never thought to do this earlier!
As someone mentioned on my Facebook page, you can also melt some caramel squares as well and dip these first in caramel, and THEN in chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and you've got a truly evil little snack on a stick!
'Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices'
Source: Adapted from Rosa-Rot
2 apples (I used gala)
1 bag chocolate chips (23 oz)
6" wooden sticks
Sprinkles or nuts
1. Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl and melt in the microwave according to package directions.
2. Sit apples upright and slice from top to bottom in 1/2 in thick slices (I got 4 slices per apple, counting the two ends)
3. Line a large cookie sheet with foil. Push the pointed end of each stick up into the bottom of each apple slice.
4. Dip slices in chocolate (you may want to use a spoon to help cover each slice if you're bowl isn't deep enough).
5. Allow excess chocolate to drip off then lay flat on the foil lined baking sheet. Shake some sprinkles or chopped nuts onto the apples while chocolate is still wet.
6. When all apples are coated, place the baking sheet in the fridge and allow chocolate to harden (about 10-15 minutes). Serve.