'Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices'
Source: Adapted from Rosa-Rot
2 apples (I used gala)
1 bag chocolate chips (23 oz)
6" wooden sticks
Sprinkles or nuts
1. Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl and melt in the microwave according to package directions.
2. Sit apples upright and slice from top to bottom in 1/2 in thick slices (I got 4 slices per apple, counting the two ends)
3. Line a large cookie sheet with foil. Push the pointed end of each stick up into the bottom of each apple slice.
4. Dip slices in chocolate (you may want to use a spoon to help cover each slice if you're bowl isn't deep enough).
5. Allow excess chocolate to drip off then lay flat on the foil lined baking sheet. Shake some sprinkles or chopped nuts onto the apples while chocolate is still wet.
6. When all apples are coated, place the baking sheet in the fridge and allow chocolate to harden (about 10-15 minutes). Serve.