'Pan Fried Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy'
Source: Adapted from Life's Ambrosia
4 boneless pork chops
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons season salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup milk
fresh cracked black pepper and kosher salt
1. Heat oven to warm setting (or 250 if you don't a warm setting).
2. Place pork chops in a resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and hit the pork chops with a meat mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
3. In one bowl beat egg. In a separate bowl combine flour and seasoning salt.
4. Remove pork chops from plastic bag, dip in egg and then dredge in flour to coat completely. In a skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Once butter has melted fry pork chops until browned and cooked through. About 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a ovenproof dish and place in oven to keep warm.
5. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the pan drippings. Add mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over the top, stir and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in broth and milk. Cook until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Place cooked pork chops on a serving platter, spoon gravy over the top. Serve.