'Panko Crusted Cod with Sage Butter'
Source: Adapted from Lifes Ambrosia
1 pound cod fillets
salt and pepper
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/3 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1. Rinse and pat dry the cod fillets. Slice into 3 inch pieces. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Place flour in a shallow dish. Beat the eggs in another shallow dish and place the bread crumbs in a large zip-lock bag.
3. Dredge each piece of fish in the flour, then the egg, then drop into the bread crumbs bag. Seal bag and shake until all cod pieces are coated.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook fish 5–7 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
5. While the fish is cooking, melt butter over low heat. Once butter is melted add rubbed sage and simmer until fish is cooked.
6. Once fish is cooked through, transfer to a plate and spoon sage butter over the top. Serve.