'Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch'
Source: Adapted from Cake & Allie
For the egg rolls:
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel (9 oz)
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 can diced green chiles, drained (7 oz)
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 package of egg roll or wonton wrappers
1. Heat oven to 425. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl mix together corn, beans, spinach, cheese, chiles, onions, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
3. Spoon a small amount of filling onto the center of each wrapper. Fold one corner up and over the filling. Fold in two side corners, then roll to complete egg roll. Wet fingers with water and dab a bit on the exposed corner to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling, placing them slightly apart on the baking sheet.
4. Lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping them at least once during baking.
For avocado ranch:
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons buttermilk
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 green onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Use immediately.
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife