Yes, another Baked Spaghetti recipe. I actually made this one awhile ago though...about a month before the Baked Spasanga (which I must say, was awesome).
While this version isn't quite as amazing as the spasanga, it's much quicker and easier to prepare...a great dinner for any day of the week. And it makes really good leftovers, which is something I will now be paying attention to since I have to pack a lunch for Jesse every day (his last school provided hot lunches each day...I already miss it).
Ok guys, have a great rest of your day and I'll see you Thursday. Since Heath is still on leave and Wednesday's are Jesse's off day, we're heading up to Mass for The Big E tomorrow. I'm so excited...fried food heaven, here I come!!!
'Southwestern Baked Spaghetti'
Source: Adapted from Food.com
8 oz uncooked spaghetti
1/2 cup milk
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cans tomato sauce (8 oz each)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1. Heat oven to 425. Cook spaghetti per package directions.
2. Combine milk and egg, mix well. Pour over drained spaghetti; mix well.
3. Pour spaghetti mixture into a greased 9x13 inch casserole dish.
4. Brown ground beef with onion, bell pepper and garlic in a large skillet; drain. Return meat back into the skillet and add seasonings; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
5. Spread meat mixture over spaghetti ans sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.