'Coconut Curry Fried Chicken'
Source: Life's Ambrosia
1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons curry powder, divided
8 chicken pieces, rinsed and pat dry
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups flour
oil for frying
1. Combine coconut milk, 1 tablespoon of curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a large zip-lock bag. Place chicken in the bag and toss to coat. Place bag in a large bowl (to keep it from rolling around) and refrigerate for 8 hours or (preferably) overnight.
2. When ready to cook, place remaining curry powder, salt, black pepper and flour together in a new large plastic zip-lock bag.
3. Remove chicken from the coconut milk marinade and place in the plastic bag. Toss to coat. Allow to set for 15 minutes.
4. Heat 1 inche of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees. Remove chicken from flour and shake any excess off. Fry in heated oil for 5 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking for 20 – 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Transfer to a cooling rack to allow excess grease to drip off. Place on a serving platter and serve hot.