'Enchilada Pasta Casserole'
Source: Table for Two
1 pound ground beef
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup light sour cream
1 can red enchilada sauce (10 oz)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 can diced green chiles (4 oz)
12 oz egg noodles
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large pot, bring water to boil and cook egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain
3. In the meantime, in a very large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain. Add the chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine. Add the cream cheese until melted and combined.
4. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, enchilada sauce, half the cheddar cheese, half the monterey jack cheese, corn kernels, and diced green chiles. Stir to combine. Pour mixture over the beef and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the pasta to the beef mixture and stir to combine. Pour beef everything into a large greased casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese has completely melted. Serve hot.