'Cap' N' Crunch Chicken Strips'
Source: Adapted from Food.com
2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal, crushed
1 cup corn flakes, crushed
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 lbs chicken tenders
vegetable oil (for frying)
1. Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set in a shallow dish.
2. In a second shallow dish, beat the egg with milk.
3. Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper; set aside. Dip the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour and coat well; shake off the excess flour.
4. Dip in the egg wash, coating well, then dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.
5. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Drop coated chicken tenders carefully in the hot oil and cook until golden brown (about 3 to 5 minutes per side).
7. Remove tenders to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Serve hot.