'Crispy Baked Shrimp'
Source: Adapted From Disney Family
1 lb large uncooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 cup bread crumbs, fine
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
cayenne pepper to taste, optional
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
a pinch black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 425. Prepare lemon mayo by mixing all ingredients in a small dish. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Place bread crumbs, salt, pepper and cayenne (if using) in a gallon sized zip-lock bag. Drizzle olive oil on a foil-lined baking sheet with sides, and set next to the bread crumbs.
3. Rinse shrimp in cool water and pat lightly with a paper towel (do not dry completely). Immediately add the shrimp to the bag of bread crumbs...seal and shake bag gently until all the shrimp is coated (you may need to do this in batches).
4. Lightly shake any access bread crumbs from shrimp as you remove them from the bag and place them on the baking sheet in a single layer.
5. Bake for five minutes, remove from oven and flip each shrimp over. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until crisp and cooked through. Serve with lemon mayo.