'Mum-Mum's Tomato Mac 'N Cheese'
Source: My Grandmother via my Aunt Peggy
1/2 lb elbow macaroni
1 can cheddar cheese soup
4 teaspoons butter
3/4 cup panko (or breadcrumbs)
3/4 cup milk
1 onion, diced
3 large tomatoes, sliced
1. Heat oven to 400. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain
2. In a small saucepan melt butter. stir in the panko crumbs, remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl blend cheddar cheese sauce, onion and milk. Add the cooked past to the bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour HALF the macaroni into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Top with 6 slices of tomato, followed by the remaining macaroni. Top with remaining 6 slices of tomato and panko.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow 5 minutes to cool.
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife