'Avocado Chicken Enchilada's'
Source: Adapted from The Novice Chef
1 tablespoon butter
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
1 cup medium salsa verde
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (or shredded rotisserie)
8 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded & divided
1 small onion, chopped
3 avocados, peeled and chopped
8-10 flour tortillas
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Saute pepper and garlic, for 1 minute. Stir in flour, stirring constantly, and cook for 1 minute.
3. Whisk in the chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, whisk in the sour cream, salsa verde and cilantro (or parsley). Remove from heat.
4. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Add 3/4 cup sauce to the bottom of the pan.
5. Place chicken, shredded cheese, onion and avocado down the center of each tortilla and roll, placing seam-side down in the dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas.
6. Top with leftover cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling. Serve immediately.