'Roasted Garlic Macaroni and Cheese'
Source: Adapted from Cassie Craves
1 head garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
12-16 ounces penne pasta
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 container Boursin Garlic and Herb Spreadable Cheese (6 oz)
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oven to 350. Remove most of the outer skins from the head of garlic, leaving it intact. Slice off the top portion of the head so that all of the cloves are exposed at the top, but the head is still intact. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place garlic on a piece of foil and loosely fold the foil up around the head of garlic to create a foil packet. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the cloves are easily squeezed from the skins. Squeeze all of the garlic out of the skins and smash with a fork to make a paste.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and the roasted garlic paste and cook, stirring constantly, until light golden, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce comes to a low boil and thickens noticeably. Remove the pan from heat and stir in the cheddar and Boursin. Whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
5. Add cheese sauce to reserved pasta and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.