This is a recipe that I made many moons ago, but have been lazy in sharing. I'm not sure why..it's a super easy, very kid-friendly recipe that's actually pretty good considering how basic it is.
You've got your entire dinner in one simple-to-throw-together casserole...burger and fries. Good stuff. Add any toppings you like, (ketchup, pickles, onions, tomato, etc.) and you're good to go. If you want you could even grab a burger bun and make a kind of sloppy-Joe-ish sandwich out of it.
Jesse ended up loving this. Of course he ate more fries than he did burger meat, but any time I can get him to eat without a fight, I'll take it :)
'Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole'
Source: Adapted from Midwest Living
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 can condensed golden mushroom soup (10 oz)
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup (10 oz)
1 package frozen, crinkle-cut fries (20 oz)
Desired hamburger toppings (ketchup, pickles, mustard and chopped tomato)
1. Heat oven to 350. In a large skillet until brown; drain.
2. Place cooked meat in the bottom of a 9 x 13 in. baking dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the golden mushroom soup and the cheddar cheese soup. Spread over top the meat.
4. Scatter frozen crinkle fries over the top of the casserole.
5. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the fries are golden. Garnish with desired hamburger toppings.