Source: Adapted from My Favorite Things
12 refrigerated or frozen (thawed) cooked meatballs
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
2 cans crescent dinner rolls (8 oz each)
1 egg, well beaten
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Cut each meatball in half; set aside. In small bowl, mix sauerkraut, cheese, dressing, salt and 1 teaspoon of the caraway seed until well blended.
3. Unroll both cans of crescent dough; separate into 8 rectangles. Firmly seal perforations. Cut each rectangle into 3 equal pieces. Press each piece into 4x2 inch rectangle.
4. Gently press 1 rectangle into the bottom and up the side of each muffin cup, leaving both ends hanging over side of cup.
5. Place 1 meatball half, flat side down, in center of each cup. Spoon 2 rounded teaspoons of the sauerkraut mixture onto each meatball. Bring the ends of dough up over the filling; pinch tops to seal, leaving 2 small openings on sides to vent steam. Brush egg over dough and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon caraway seed.
6. Bake 12 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.