2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used a store-bought rotisserie)
2 tablespoons hot sauce
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 – 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal, crushed
1. Heat oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, cheddar cheese and green onions. Roll a heaping tablespoon of mixture into a ball and place onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
3. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a second shallow dish, and place the cornflakes in a large zip-lock bag.
4. Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg. Drop each ball into the bag of cornflakes and shake until covered (you'll need to do this in batches).
5. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
1. Heat oven to 400. Place the uncooked pie crust in a deep dish pie pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is dry looking and just beginning to lightly brown. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with two layers of paper towels. Lay the sliced tomatoes in a single layer on the paper towels to drain. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and cover with another layer of paper towels. Let rest for 30 minutes.
3. Heat olive oil in a small pan and saute the onions until tender, but not browned.
4. Heat oven to 350. Add half a cup of the mozzarella cheese to the bottom of the cooled pie crust. Knock excess seeds off tomato slices and top cheese with half of the tomatoes. Sprinkle with sugar if using, then season to taste with the pepper and garlic powder. Add half of the basil, top with half of the onions, and half of the bacon.
5. Repeat the layering process one more time with half cup of the cheese, tomatoes, sugar, pepper, garlic powder, basil, onions, and ending with the bacon.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, hot sauce, parsley and the remaining 2 cups of cheese; spread evenly over the top of the pie.
7. Bake pie for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bubbly and light golden brown on top. Let cool to room temperature before serving. Pie can also be served cold if desired.