'Chicken and White Bean Stuffed Peppers'
Source: Adapted from Skinny Taste
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup parsley (or cilantro)
3 bell peppers, cut in half
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt to taste
1 can Northern white beans, drained (15 oz)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1. Heat oven to 350. In a medium skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add chopped onions, garlic, parsley and red pepper. Saute until soft, about a minute.
2. Add chicken and season with cumin and salt. Add beans and 3/4 cup of water and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until it thickens and the liquid reduces. Adjust spices to taste.
3. Cut the tops off each pepper and clean out the seeds. Slice each pepper in half and place in a greased baking dish.
4. Fill each pepper with 1/3 cup of chicken and bean mixture. Pour about 1/3 cup water (or chicken broth) on the bottom of the dish.
5. Cover tight with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and top with cheese. Continue baking uncovered for another 5 minutes.