This recipe sat in my Pinterest dinner folder forever. A couple weeks ago I finally decided it was time to make it.
I liked it, Heath LOVED it. There's a lot going with this dinner, and I found it to be extremely filling.
Chicken and a creamy mushroom sauce served over pasta...that's a lot of food. It's one of those meals that as soon as I sat down to eat and saw how much food was on the plate, I wasn't hungry anymore. That ever happen to you?
Making this recipe 'as is' is very good, especially for those hubby's who like a hearty, full dinner, but if hubby happens to be out, or it's just you and the kids, you can absolutely skip the pasta part, and just make the chicken. Maybe serve it with some veggies or a little rice.
Overall I liked this, I really did. It was a great dinner for Heath, and I;m glad he enjoyed it, but this was the equivalent of two dinners for me :)
'Country Club Chicken'
Source: Adapted from Kayotic Kitchen
1 pound spaghetti
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 large onion, chopped
7 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
4 tablespoons bacon pieces
1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
2/3 cup sharp cheddar
1 apple, chopped (any type)
butter or oil
salt & pepper
Parsley to garnish
1. Heat oven to 350. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on both sides (2-4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chicken). Transfer chicken to a greased casserole.
3. Add a little more butter to the skillet and cook the onion for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes. Add the chopped apple and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Season mixture with a pinch of salt and pepper and add the bacon. Stir in the white wine (or chicken broth), soup and sharp cheddar. Mix well and pour sauce over-top the chicken breasts.
5. Place casserole in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain
7. Serve chicken and sauce over-top cooked spaghetti. Enjoy!
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife