'Cincinnati Turkey Chili'
Source: Adapted from Cooking Light
4 oz uncooked spaghetti
8 oz lean ground turkey
1 1/2 cups chopped onion, divided
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14.5 oz)
2 1/2 tablespoons chopped semisweet chocolate (optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey; cook 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add 1 cup onion and the garlic; saute 3 minutes.
3. Stir in chili powder, tomato paste, cumin, oregano, cinnamon and allspice; cook 1 minute. Add broth, beans, and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
4. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate and salt. Serve chili over spaghetti; top with remaining 1/2 cup onion and cheese.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife