'Mac & Cheese with Kale'
Source: Adapted from Some Kitchen Stories
8 oz of macaroni
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 dash of black pepper
2 cups of milk
2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded (8 oz)
About 8 stalks of kale, finely shredded, ribs removed
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 Cup of toasted Pankos (optional)
1. Finely slice kale and chop garlic. Set aside.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
3. In the same pot (rinsed and dried), heat some olive oil and saute garlic until aromatic. Add sliced kale and saute until slightly wilted. Add to the bowl with cooked macaroni.
4. In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, salt and pepper; Slowly stir in the milk until smooth. Cook and stir until bubbling over low heat. Stir in cheese until smooth and creamy.
5. Add macaroni and kale to cheese sauce. Stir until everything is well mixed and warmed.
6. (Optional)...In a small pan, toast some panko in olive oil until golden brown. Sprinkle the panko over the macaroni and cheese just before serving.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife