'Pork Chops with Onion Sauce'
Source: Adapted from eMeals.com Classic Meal Plan
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 boneless pork chops
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Combine cumin, brown sugar, salt and pepper, and rub over both sides of the pork.
3. Place chops in the heated pan and cook 3-5 minutes per side (depending on their thickness). Remove chops to a plate and cover to keep warm.
4. Heat butter in the same skillet. Add the onion and Dijon mustard, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add flour to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the chicken stock; bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
6. Spoon onion sauce over the chops and sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife