'Apple Butter Roasted Chicken'
Source: Adapted from Jans Sushi Bar
Chicken thighs or drumsticks
1/2 cup apple cider
1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons or salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oven to 375. Combine the cider, apple butter, vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Pat the chicken dry and arrange in a glass baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with the salt, pepper, rosemary and sage. Roast for 15 minutes.
3. Baste the chicken with half the cider mixture. Return to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes.
4. Baste the chicken with the remaining cider mixture, return to the oven and roast for a final 15 minutes.
4. Baste the chicken a final time with the accumulated pan juices, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife