Ok, this is a recipe I've been meaning to share for the longest time. It's one of Hubby's favorites, which is great since it's so simple. There aren't really any set measurements with this recipe...it's more to personal taste.
Me? I like a lot of everything on my chicken, as does Hubby. I'm not sure it's possible to have too much BBQ sauce and cheese on a piece of chicken :)
If you google 'Monterrey Chicken', you'll get many different variations of this recipe. I'm not giving any one site a credit source since this is something I've been making for a couple years, and the recipe below is altered to my own family's taste.
If the recipe below is a little too basic for you, then google it...you'll find all kinds of different versions of this!
Ok guys, that's it for me. Bubba should be coming out soon (we're at the dentist), and he's gonna want to go get some breakfast. Our appointment was so early we didn't get a chance to eat, so we are hungry!!
Have a great day!
'Monterrey Chicken Recipe'
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle barbecue sauce
1 bag Oscar Meyer bacon pieces
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey jack and cheddar cheese blend
fresh tomato, chopped
chopped chives for topping
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3-5 per side (time depends on thickness of chicken breasts).
3. Remove chicken from skillet and place in a greased baking dish. Top with desired amount of barbecue sauce, bacon pieces, and shredded cheese.
4. Broil chicken breasts in oven until cheese is melted (about 2-4 minutes...keep an eye on them).
5. Sprinkle with a small amount of fresh chopped tomatoes and chives and serve.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife