'Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala'
Source: Adapted from Table For Two Blog
8 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins, cut in pieces
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
1 can of tomato puree (29 oz)
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Garam masala
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1-3 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on your heat preference)
2 bay leaves
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons cornstarch
Chopped parsley (or cilantro) for topping
1. Place first 14 ingredients (up to the bay leaves) in a large bowl. Stir to combine, making sure the chicken is completely coated.
2. Pour mixture into the slow cooker and add the two bay leaves.
3. Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW (or 4 hours on high).
4. When done, in a medium bowl, whisk together heavy cream and corn starch. Pour mixture into the slow cooker and gently stir.
5. Cook an additional 20 minutes to thicken. If desired, you can serve over rice, with buttered Naan, or with pita bread.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife