'Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti'
Source: Adapted from Tracey's Culinary Adventures
1/2 lb spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or shredded rotisserie)
1 can of red enchilada sauce (10 oz)
3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
fresh cilantro (or parsley), for garnish
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika and cayenne, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add the shredded chicken and the enchilada sauce and stir to incorporate. Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked pasta to the skillet. Toss until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheese, continuing to toss until melted and combined. Garnish with cilantro (or parsley) before serving.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife