''Kentucky' Fried Chicken'
Source: Adapted from Recipe Curio
3 pounds chicken parts for frying (I used just drumsticks)
2 packages Italian salad dressing mix
3 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoons sage
1/4 teaspoons pepper
1 cup milk
24 oz vegetable oil for frying
1. Rinse and wipe chicken dry. Combine salad dressing mix, flour, salt, lemon juice and butter into a paste and coat chicken evenly. Stack pieces in a bowl; cover and refrigerate for several hours.
2. Heat oven to 350. Combine Bisquick with spices in a large zip-lock bag. Place milk in a large bowl and dip chicken parts first into milk and then drop into pancake mixture bag; shake to coat chicken completely (this may need to be done in batches).
3. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat and fry pieces until lightly browned...about four minutes on each side.
4. Place chicken in shallow baking dish and spoon any remaining milk over pieces. Cover with foil and bake at for one hour.
5. Uncover and bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees to crisp chicken. Baste with milk again. Serves six to eight.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife