Source: Adapted from Yankee Magazine
1/2 cup finely crushed Ritz crackers
1/2 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1 stick salted butter, divided
1/2 cup dry sherry
2 cups chopped cooked lobster meat
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups half-and-half
4 large egg yolks
1. Heat oven to 350. In a small bowl, mix together crackers, paprika, and cheese. Stir in butter until evenly mixed. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add sherry and boil 1 minute. Add lobster, stir, and remove from heat.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Add flour and stir until mixture looks smooth and glossy. Remove from heat.
4. Drain and reserve the sherry and juices from the skillet with the lobster meat, then slowly whisk this liquid along with half-and-half into butter/flour mixture. Return to heat and cook, stirring continuously, until sauce is smooth and thick.
5. Spoon 4 tablespoons of the sauce into a small bowl. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Return egg mixture to sauce and mix well (this is so the eggs don't start to cook if you just add them straight to the hot saucepan). Stir over low heat about 3 minutes; don't let it boil. Remove from heat and add lobster.
6. Pour mixture into four ramekins or a small baking dish. Sprinkle with Ritz cracker topping and bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife