'Pork Chops with Gravy and Fried Potatoes'
Source: Adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up
2 pounds boneless pork chops (1 1/2 inch thick)
salt and pepper
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons cold water
dash lemon juice
1/2 bag frozen diced potatoes (thawed)
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
salt and pepper
1. Rinse pork chops and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place 1/2 cup flour in a shallow dish and dredge each chop in the flour. Set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil to the pan. Add the pork chops and cook until golden brown on each side (about 4-5 minutes per side).
4. Combine the chicken broth and the apple juice and pour over the chops. Bring the liquid to a simmer, then turn the temperature down to low. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the chops are cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, heat another large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the pan and add the diced potatoes. Sprinkle with smoked paprika and salt and pepper, stirring to coat all the potatoes. Cook until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
6. To the pork chop skillet add the whipping cream, thyme, salt, pepper and a splash of lemon juice. Stir and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
7. In a small bowl combine the cornstarch with the cold water. Stir well making sure all of the cornstarch is combined. Pour it into the gravy skillet.
8. Whisk until the gravy returns to a boil and starts to thicken. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Plate the pork chops and spoon gravy over top. Serve with the potatoes.
All Images Copyrighted © 2014 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife