'Avocado Mango Salad with Grilled Shrimp'
Source: Adapted from What 2 Cook
2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 avocados, pitted, peeled & cubed
1 mango, peeled and diced
Lime wedges, for serving
1 mango, peeled and finely diced
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
1 jalapeno, seeded & diced (optional)
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup canola oil
1. Preheat gas grill to high. (Or you can grill shrimp indoors on a panini maker...takes about 90 seconds).
2. Prepare the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients (except oil) in a blender and blend until smooth. While blender is running, remove lid and pour in oil in a steady stream. Continue blending for several seconds, then remove and set aside.
3. Prepare the shrimp: Rinse shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Add about 1/3 cup of dressing and toss to coat. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. String shrimp onto wooden or metal skewers for grilling. Grill over high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill, let cool, them remove from skewers (Or place shrimp skewers on a heated panini. Close the lid and grill for 90 seconds. Remove from panini maker).
5. In a large bowl, combine the salad mango, avocado and grilled shrimp. Add dressing to taste; toss lightly and serve.
1 Year Ago Today: