Good morning! Well, actually it's really not. My Humira injections have decided to start wearing off after a week (I inject every 2 weeks), so my Crohn's has relapsed and the last week until my next injection has become quite miserable. I had forgotten how painful Crohn's can be.
SO! Off to the doctor...in 11 days. I already know what he's gonna tell me. More Humira! Instead of injecting every two weeks I'll do it every week. The problem with that is I've developed an anxiety to the shots. Every two weeks is awful...it takes me about 20 minutes before I finally get the nerve to press the button and inject (it's a spring-loaded pen, I think that's the biggest problem I have with it...the spring-loaded jab of the needle).
Anyway, I'm looking into diets to help control things. Paleo and SCD (Specific Carbohydrates Diet) are the front runners...particularly SCD. Thousands have found amazing success with it, but t's a HUGE change. I think it's a blessing that Heath is gone right now. That way I'll have no distractions and can just cook for myself (Jesse's simple to cook for. He eats a lot of Schwan's).
Enough about that though...moving on to this recipe.
If you have a macaroni salad recipe you prefer, or you just want to use store bought pre-made stuff, go right ahead and do that. It would make things much easier. I just figured I'd try
it and see how it was. It wasn't bad, but to me, macaroni salad is macaroni salad. It really wasn't worth the extra effort.
As for the chicken, it's super easy and very good. You can always take it and make tacos with it, or mix it in with some rice. I just saw this on Pinterest and really like the idea of putting macaroni salad on a sandwich :)
Ok guys, have a great rest of your day! I heading out to cut the backyard...joy!
'Shredded Chicken & Mac Sliders'
Source: Adapted from Mangoes And Palmtrees
4-5 Chicken Breasts
3 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & roughly chopped
2 green onions, roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
2 cups chicken stock
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon brown sugar
Macaroni Salad: (If not using store bought pre-made)
2 1/2 cups dried macaroni
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1. Place the chicken breasts, garlic, ginger, green onions and pineapple into a greased slow cooker. In a separate bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Pour over the chicken, making sure everything is submerged, then cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
2. To prepare the macaroni salad, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions; drain and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and celery salt. In a large bowl combine the cooked macaroni, grated carrot, and sliced green onion. Add the mayo mixture and toss until pasta is completely coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. When the chicken is done cooking, shred each breast using two forks to pull the meat apart (this can be done in the slow cooker, or you can take the chicken out and shred it in a bowl if that's easier). Keep the shredded chicken in the liquid in the slow cooker.
5. To assemble the sliders, cut each Hawaiian roll in half. Place shredded chicken on the bottom halves and drizzle with a little of the juice from the slow cooker. Top with macaroni salad, and replace the tops of the rolls, securing with a toothpick if needed.