'Shredded Chicken & Mac Sliders'
Source: Adapted from Mangoes And Palmtrees
4-5 Chicken Breasts
3 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & roughly chopped
2 green onions, roughly chopped
1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
2 cups chicken stock
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon brown sugar
Macaroni Salad: (If not using store bought pre-made)
2 1/2 cups dried macaroni
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1. Place the chicken breasts, garlic, ginger, green onions and pineapple into a greased slow cooker. In a separate bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar. Pour over the chicken, making sure everything is submerged, then cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
2. To prepare the macaroni salad, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions; drain and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and celery salt. In a large bowl combine the cooked macaroni, grated carrot, and sliced green onion. Add the mayo mixture and toss until pasta is completely coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. When the chicken is done cooking, shred each breast using two forks to pull the meat apart (this can be done in the slow cooker, or you can take the chicken out and shred it in a bowl if that's easier). Keep the shredded chicken in the liquid in the slow cooker.
5. To assemble the sliders, cut each Hawaiian roll in half. Place shredded chicken on the bottom halves and drizzle with a little of the juice from the slow cooker. Top with macaroni salad, and replace the tops of the rolls, securing with a toothpick if needed.