'Dutch Oven Pot Roast'
Source: Adapted from The Healthy Gluten-Free Life
3-5 lb roast (pork or beef, whatever you prefer)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups water
1 yellow onion, quartered
3 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon rosemary
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons salt
pepper to taste
1. Heat oven to 325. Rub the roast with salt and pepper.
2. In a food processor, puree all the sauce ingredients until blended, but slightly chunky.
3. Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven. Add the roast and brown on all sides. Remove Dutch oven from heat.
4. Pour the pureed sauce over the roast, followed by the 3 cups of water.
5. Replace the lid and bake in the oven for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, or until tender. (The larger the roast, the longer the cooking time).
1 Year Ago Today: