1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 lb ground beef (or ground bison)
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon granulated onion
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
(use wheat-free, gluten-free for Paleo...I like THESE)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for 2 minutes.
2. Add green pepper and saute for 1 minute. Add ground beef, honey and spices. Stir to combine.
3. Once the meat has started to brown (but isn't cooked completely), reduce heat to low. Add red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce, stirring to combine.
4. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir well and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve in a bowl by itself, or on sandwich rolls of choice.
1 Year Ago Today: