'Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed Zucchini'
Source: Adapted from Fed And Fit
3 medium to large zucchini
1 lb shredded chicken
18 slices pre-cooked bacon
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1. Heat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Wash and cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, carefully scrape out all the seeds and soft membrane down the middle of each zucchini half.
3. Mix the shredded chicken with the sea salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder (it combines easier when it’s warm and a little moist).
4. Spoon about 1/3 cup shredded chicken down the middle of each hallowed-out zucchini half. Wrap about 3 pieces of bacon around each zucchini half and secure with a toothpick at the top.
5. Place each zucchini half on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, checking on them after about 13 minutes to be sure the bacon isn't burning.
6. Remove from oven and allow 5 minutes or so to cool.
1 Year Ago Today: