'Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme'
Source: Adapted from Culinary Couture
6 large flour tortillas
1 bag tortilla chips
1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
nacho cheese sauce
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet, then add taco seasoning...prepare according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Fill a large zip-lock bag half-way with tortilla chips and lightly crush.
3. Heat a griddle or large skillet on medium heat.
4. Meanwhile, microwave the flour tortillas for about 10 seconds to warm them up; this will make wrapping easier.
5. Lay out each flour tortilla and spoon some of the seasoned beef into the center. Top with about a tablespoon of nacho cheese, crushed tortilla chips, a dollop of sour cream, diced tomatoes and finally some shredded lettuce.
6. Starting with the bottom of the tortilla, fold the edge up to the center. Continue doing this in a clockwise or counter-clockwise movement until all of the tortilla is folded over, and the filling is entirely enclosed. If your filling isn't entirely enclosed and you have an open spot, simply cut out a circle from another flour tortilla and place it on the exposed area, then wrap the tortilla again.
7. Carefully place the Crunchwrap, seam-side DOWN, on the heated griddle or skillet. Press with a spatula and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Flip it over and cook for another 3 minutes until golden.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife