'Lemon Rosemary Cornish Game Hen'
Source: Adapted from Caveman Forum
2 Cornish game hens
salt and pepper
3/4 lemon, cut into 3 wedges
5 sprigs fresh rosemary, 1 sprig finely chopped
1 apple, chopped
1/2 cup coarse ground pecans
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
1. Heat oven to 450. Place hens in a greased casserole dish, breast side down.
2. In a bowl, mix together the chopped apple, chopped rosemary, and pecans for stuffing. Insert a lemon wedge and a full rosemary sprig into the cavity of each hen, and fill remaining space with the stuffing mix. Drizzle some olive oil over each hen, coating all the skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
3. While hens are roasting, mix together the white wine and chicken broth. Take the remaining lemon wedge and squeeze the juice into the bowl; set aside.
4. When the 20 minutes are up, reduce oven temp to 350. Pull out hens and flip them over so the breast side is up. Slowly pour the chicken broth mixture over the hens, making sure to get some inside the cavity as well. Add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle minced garlic over breasts.
5. Lay the remaining rosemary sprigs on top of the breasts, spreading them out evenly to cover as much of them as possible. Put hens back in oven and continue roasting another 30-45 minutes. Baste hens with pan juices every 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow 5-10 minutes to cool.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife