I have a few of these 'Avocado Stuffed with ______' recipes waiting in the wings, so I figure I should probably start posting some of them.
The original recipe called for a cilantro sauce, but as many people know, I despise cilantro. Can. Not. STAND. It! So, I switched it to parsley...worked just fine for me.
This is a super simple recipe that can easily be whipped up for a healthy lunch or dinner. Normally, I would have made this for lunch, but I made it as a dinner for Jesse and I while Heath was gone. Partly because I could easily make a small amount for just the two of us, but mainly because this is not something Heath would care for. He's not a big fan of 'food stuffed with other food'. He thinks it's all fancy-like, and he wants no part of it :)
Ok guys, I'm off to get changed real quick then meet a friend for lunch...I'm thinking Chinese. I've been craving some Wonton Soup. Have a great rest of your day, and stay cool...it's a million friggin degrees out there!
'Stuffed Avocados with Cilantro (or Parsley) Cream Sauce'
Source: Adapted from Fed and Fit
1 lb shredded chicken
4 medium avocados
1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
1/2 tablespoon Cumin
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon black Pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (or parsley)
4 small limes, Juiced
1. Heat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. In a large bowl mix the cumin, chili powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the black pepper with the shredded chicken.
3. Halve and de-seed the avocados. Lay them out on the foil lined baking sheet.
4. Stuff each avocado half with the shredded chicken then, bake for about 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the cream sauce...stir the can of coconut milk with the lime juice and cilantro.
6. Serve avocados with sauce drizzled over top.
1 Year Ago Today: