'White Bean Chicken Chili'
Source: Adapted from Family Go
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
2 bay leaves
1 can diced green chiles (4.5 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz)
2 cups apple cider or juice
3 cups chicken broth
2 cans white northern beans, rinsed
salt and pepper
sliced green onions
1. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-low heat.
2. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute more. Add chili powder, oregano, bay leaves, diced green chiles, diced tomatoes, apple cider, chicken broth and shredded chicken. Stir to combine.
3. Raise heat and bring to a boil. Cover partially, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add beans and simmer for five minutes more or until heated through. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
5. Ladle into bowls and top with desired toppings.
1 Year Ago Today:
All Images Copyrighted © 2013 The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife